Released just yesterday, Disney’s Wreck-it Ralph is already ranking as the #3 paid app in the app store. Holy smokes! It must have just flown to the top! The movie, Wreck-it Ralph is in theaters as we speak, so obviously the app’s release date is impeccable! I downloaded Fix-it Felix Jr. a couple weeks ago, and loved it! If you’re not familiar with that app, it’s an 8-bit style gaming app, also geared after the new movie!
Wreck-it Ralph offers three completely different arcade games! The animation is beautiful, matching the movie! I’m such a sucker for animated Disney movies; the animation is definitely my favorite thing about the app! Each game is different, but they all offer bold colors, cute characters and shimmering graphics – all the features my ideal app would have!
As for the three games, I like them all. The first game, Fix-it Felix Jr., is just like the Fix-it Felix Jr. app. It’s the exact same game. You must fix all the window’s Ralph breaks in a short time frame, without getting hit by the bricks he’s throwing. Like the Fix-it Felix Jr. app, there are no ducks flying around, so you don’t have to worry about them. However, the controls are definitely not as good as in the app. I do feel like it’s a little of a jip that this game is the exact game that I already have. For those of you who don’t already have the app Fix-it Felix Jr., you’re actually getting a great deal in downloading Wreck-it Ralph. The next game Wreck-it Ralph has is called Hero’s Duty. In this game, you play as Sergeant Calhoun. The object of the game is to kill off all the cy-bugs. If you can kill them all before they kill you, you’ll move onto the next level. The last game Wreck-it Ralph has is called Sweet Climber. This one is my favorite! The animation is taken to a new level while you climb from one candy stalk to another! Sweet Climber is an endless climbing game that uses tilt controls. I love bouncing from one candy branch to another, as I climb as high as I possibly can! I highly recommend Wreck-it Ralph, you get more than your money’s worth for only $0.99!
iTunes lists Wreck-it Ralph’s three game modes as such:
Fix-it Felix Jr. –
- Ralph wrecked it, now you get a chance to fix it!
- Awesome 8-bit graphics that pay homage to the classic arcade era.
- Climb, dodge and magic hammer your way to a high score!
Hero’s Duty –
- Suit up and play as Sergeant Calhoun and teach those cy-bugs a lesson they’ll never forget!
- Blast cy-bugs in level after level of bug clearing action.
- Grab different weapons and make your momma proud!
Sweet Climber –
- It’s Ralph’s time to shine in an endless climbing game!
- Use tilt controls and fizzy jet packs to climb as high as possible.
- Jump from candy stalk to candy stalk, but watch out for weak branches!