As I grow my business I am constantly looking for more business related apps. I had the chance to check out the WorldCard Mobile app and it seems like it will very useful. It was developed by penpower inc and the app itself has been released for almost every platform or its at least coming soon for it. The app is pretty simple and straight forward. The user interface for this app is very easy to figure out and it works with no lag or slow loading. The is the best way to organize all your business cards. If you are anything like me you have so many that you do not know what to do with…Now you can keep them all in one place. Where better than your phone? This app is available to everyone!
** First iOS 4.0 supported business card reader **
***** What’s New In This Version *****
1. Automatic Camera Shake Reduction
2. Email Signature Capture
3. Improvement of Recognition Accuracy
4. Integrates with the WorldCard Contacts (sold separately) to make a call, send a text message or email, browse to the company website directly from their business cards image.
Take a picture. Add a contact. Get done with your iPhone/iPod Touch contact list. That’s it!
- No manual entries.
- No typos.
- No confusion in contacts.
Place a business card in a well-lit region. Focus your iPhone camera at it and just click and then, use. WorldCard Mobile‘s leading business recognition system gets things done at high-speed.
Why WorldCard Mobile?
- Superior recognition quality
- High-speed scanning & update
- Automatic camera shake reduction
- Automatic sorting of contact data
- Automatic merging of data into existing contacts
- Auto-image rotation when scanned sideways
- Manual cropping by finger when recognition happens partially
- Ability to differentiate business cards from saved images
- Email signature capture function
Recognition of 7 languages (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese and Dutch). Not many apps have this feature. You can switch from one language to another just like that!
“2010 E-Tech Award Winner – Pro-sumer/Business Productivity”
Ranked #1 Business app in US App Store
Ranked #1 Business Card Scanning application in MacWorld.com
***** Compatibility Notes *****
*Fast, Accurate Business Card Reader for iPhone 4/3GS.
*For older versions, you MUST have additional gadgets to improve quality, such as Griffin Clarifi ($30 for extra cost)
*For earlier versions of iPod Touch, you can scan business cards from SAVED photos only.
How to improve recognition?
1. Place the business card on a flat surface, in a well-lit area
2. Hold the iPhone in the correct position, camera focused on the card, right above it
3. When you’ve fixed focus on the card, hold the phone firmly & click
4. Check the results for recognition
5. Crop manually for re-do of recognition