Word Jewels by Boy Howdy Technology LLC is word search game that has a word list of over 200,000 words! When searching for words in Word Jewels, they must be at least three letters long and of course, they cannot be proper nouns. Word Jewels works with levels, and you are not timed. As soon as you pass a level, you move onto the next. You’re allotted a certain amount of moves in each level. You must find as many words as you can before using up all your moves! It’s also important to use up the red jewels before you run out of moves! Making words with the red jewels earns you extra points. At the very bottom of your screen, your stats are listed. They include which level you are on, how many moves you have left and the amount of points you’ve earned.
Word Jewels is sort of like a Boggle type of game, with a challenging twist. As you reach the higher levels, you’ll have to start thinking harder about which words you want to find, with the small amount of moves you have. Is there a different word that would give you more points than the one your about to use a move on? Probably! So, keep looking! Who knew a word game could have such a strategy!
iTunes lists Word Jewels’ features as such:
- Huge English dictionary included verifying words even while not connected to the internet!
(Word Jewels uses the YAWL word list, which has 264,097 words! Valid words must be 3 letters long and NOT be proper nouns, as is typical for most every word game.)
- Automagic letter balancing, to help from getting trapped with a big ol’ pile of consonants with no vowels, or with too many duplicates of the same letter in a group!
- Improved auto-save code – go ahead and quit the game, take a phone call, send a text – when you come back, your game will back waiting for you! Works on both old and new iThings!
- 32 Game Center Achievements to earn
- Trace words to capture them in any direction, even crossing over your path
- No timers, so take your time and find the best words
- Beautiful graphics and animation
- Relaxing sound effects
- Listen to your iPod music while playing
- Score summary shows you how well you did
- Compare your scores with the world using Game Center (iOS4/5 devices)
- Post your scores to Facebook to challenge far away friends