Weird But True
Weird But True by National Geographic Society is an incredible little book app that’s jam-packed with crazy information you never knew! Before I even downloaded the app, I was sold. This was mainly because of who the app was developed by – the National Geographic Society? Umm, heck yes! If they can provide me with endless footage of Killer Whales, Siberian Tigers and African Lions, I’m sold. Period. These guys have provided me with more than just small details on these majestic animals. I’ve seen whales birthing their calves. I’ve seen the outcome of a tiger breeding with a lion – a liger! Oh gosh, what else? I’ve seen crocodile attacks! With that being said, anything National Geographic is involved with, shows, apps, etc – I want in! Weird But True is no different. It provides you with endless facts that will boggle your mind!
Weird But True won the Spring 2012 Parents’ Choice Award, but it’s most definitely not just for kids! There is no way adults know all the knowledge packed into this app! You can’t tell me you knew that a cheetah can change direction in midair when chasing prey, or that a Neapolitan Mastiff gave birth to a litter of 24 puppies! And, I KNOW you didn’t know that peanut butter could be converted into diamonds when heated at the right temperature!
Weird But True is very easy to use. Simply shake or swipe your iOS device to see the next fact! The app even lets you rate each fact! You can rate anywhere from “duh”, “kind of odd”, getting weirder”, “no way” to “totally outrageous”! Weird But True’s facts can be shared on Facebook, Twitter and email. If you love anything National Geographic, Weird But True is a must have! You’ll learn so many things you never knew!
iTunes lists Weird But True’s features as such:
- Swipe to move from fact to fact or shake the device to see a random fact.
- Use the Weird-O-Meter to rate the level of “weirdness” for each fact and monitor results from all users on the Weirdest Facts list!
- Bookmark your favorites or share the grossest facts with your friends via email, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Use the Fact Finder to locate facts about your favorite subjects—animals, weather, space, science, and more!
- Loaded with sound effects and awesome surprises, Weird But True is fun for kids of all ages!