WeddingHappy – Wedding Planner by Fuphie, LLC is a lifestyle app that helps you organize and plan your wedding! Unlike most other wedding apps, WeddingHappy can be useful to men, too! It’s not super girly and gets right to the point! WeddingHappy offers a tour through the app to show how it’s used. Being engaged now more than ever, I’m interested in all the different wedding apps and what they have to offer me. Yesterday, I downloaded The Knot Ultimate Wedding Planner. It’s an awesome app, used for documentation, but more so for finding ideas, getting advice and learning just what your wedding taste is! WeddingHappy is more of a basic planner. The app lets you list tasks that need to be done in preparation for your wedding. Tasks can be listed by due date, category and completed. I absolutely adore that it lists your completed tasks. I’ve been getting overwhelmed with all the things I haven’t done yet; it’s a great feeling to see everything I’ve been able to mark off my list! I get a sense of accomplishment from the completed task list! It’s pretty cool because the app itself lists the tasks, some of which I have never even thought of. There is also a place to list your vendors.
WeddingHappy does have ads, and there isn’t a paid version of the app. The ads do annoy me. They are near the top of the screen and are always changing, which constantly draws my eyes to them getting me sidetracked from the task at hand! However, WeddingHappy is definitely still worth the download, mainly because the tasking features rock! I love that it tells me things I should be doing in preparation for our big day, not to mention the completed task feature is completely refreshing!
iTunes lists what WeddingHappy does like so:
- WeddingHappy asks your anticipated wedding date. Then it builds you a customized to-do checklist with suggested due dates — you can change all of the tasks and dates.
- Wedding day countdown
- Calendar support. Add tasks as events to your Calendar(s).
- Notifications. You’ll get notified when tasks are due. Don’t get stuck and have things pile up. Stay on track!
- Export & Email. Send the entire schedule and all vendor information to your friends and family. This feature is also useful if you hire a wedding planner later in your planning process to send them all the details quickly. Also good for your low-fi time. Print a copy and pin it to your refrigerator.
- Email individual tasks to yourself, your friends or your future spouse. Tell them “You’re doing this one, not me! ”
- Dashboard overview to show the wedding planning progress.
- Post your updates to Facebook and Twitter. Pro Tip for Twitter-a-holics: Make a special Twitter account for your wedding and make the tweets protected. Invite your friends and family to follow your wedding tweets.
- Vendor management and Contact integration. Associate tasks to specific vendors.
- Achievements: As you continue to use WeddingHappy, you can unlock all of the achievements.
- Wedding date change? No problem. The task due dates will adjust to the date change if you choose that option.
- Super simple setup — no email address or account signup.
- No network connection required. You can use WeddingHappy in the subway or in airplane mode….unlike many other wedding apps.