Walking Dead: The Game
I’ve always wanted to download Walking Dead: The Game by Telltale Inc! However, it was $4.99 to download, and I already had The Running Dead on my iPhone. I recently heard Walking Dead: The Game was free, so I finally downloaded it. I’m writing this review to say how much of an incredible, incredible game it really is.
Walking Dead: The Game is a five-part episodic game series set in the same world as Robert Kirkman’s comic books. The game adapts to the choices you make, and the story is tailor to how you play. I’ve never been able to imagine actually being one of the people in the world of The Walking Dead until I played this game. It’s undeniably insane! You’re taken into a virtual world that’s almost too real. The game is shown like a movie, with ideal and perfect animation.
Although the app is now free to download, the game is not free to play. Along with your download, you will be able to play Episode 1: A New Day, which is just enough to suck you into wanting, maybe even needing more! You can buy each additional episode for $4.99 or you can pay $14.99 for all four of the remaining episodes, which saves you five bucks if you were to buy them all separately. Wowzers, this is a pricey game! Walking Dead: The Game is definitely a unique game, heck I must even say that it’s one of a kind, but talk about expensive! If you’ve got money to blow, I would highly recommend spending it here on Walking Dead: The Game. It’s an incredible experience.
iTunes describes Walking Dead: The Game like so:
- Launch ‘Walking Dead: The Game’ app, select ‘Episodes’ from the main menu and choose to buy either the Multi-Pack (Episode 2-5 bundle), or if declining that offer, select the ‘Buy’ option listed next to Episode 5. If you purchased the Multi-Pack, choose the ‘Get’ option listed next to Episode 5.
- Once you have selected ‘Get’ or confirmed your purchase, Episode 5 will download to your device, showing ‘Installed’ once the download is complete.
- When Episode 5 is installed, select ‘Back’, choose ‘Play’, then select which saved game slot you would like to continue from, followed by ‘Play’.
- To play Episode 5, select the arrow in the upper right corner of the screen until Episode 5 is displayed, then select ‘Play’ and Episode 5 will begin.
The Walking Dead is a five-part episodic game series set in the same universe as Robert Kirkman’s award-winning comic books featuring Deputy Sheriff Rick Grimes.
This is not another shoot ‘em up; it’s a game that explores some very dark psychological places, revealing that the undead are not the only thing to be afraid of when society crumbles.
In this brand new story, you are Lee Everett, a man given a second chance at life in a world devastated by the undead. With corpses returning to life and survivors stopping at nothing to maintain their own safety, protecting an orphaned girl named Clementine may offer him redemption in a world gone to hell.
Experience a dark, visceral and emotional series where every action and decision you make can result in the story changing around you. This tailored experience means that your story could be very different to that of someone else.
Save 25% on additional episodes in The Walking Dead game series by purchasing the Multi-Pack [Episode 2-5 Bundle] via in-app purchase.
All 5 episodes are available via in-app purchase.
iTunes lists Walking Dead: The Game’s features:
- Based on Robert Kirkman’s award-winning comic book series: The Walking Dead allows gamers to experience the true horror of the zombie apocalypse, with artwork inspired by the original comic books. Live out events, meet people and visit locations from The Walking Dead lore.
- A tailored game experience: Live with the profound and lasting consequences of the decisions you make in each episode. Your actions and choices will affect how your story plays out across the entire series.
- Act fast: You’ll be forced to make decisions that are not only difficult, but require you to make an almost immediate choice. There’s no time to ponder when the undead are pounding down the door.
- Adventure horror spanning across five episodes: Gameplay involves meaningful decision-making, exploration, problem-solving and a constant fight for survival in a world overrun by the undead.
iTunes lists Walking Dead: The Game’s episodes:
- Episode 1: A New Day – *AVAILABLE NOW*
- Episode 2: Starved For Help – *AVAILABLE NOW*
- Episode 3: Long Road Ahead – *AVAILABLE NOW*
- Episode 4: Around Every Corner – *AVAILABLE NOW*
- Episode 5: No Time Left – *AVAILABLE NOW*