Have you ever tried studying with your iPhone? What about making flashcards, seeing your study stats and actually quizzing yourself all on your iPhone? Sounds extensive, doesn’t it? That it is, along with being very convenient! All this can be done with a simple app called STUDYBLUE by StudyBlue Inc. This app allows you to make flashcards using text, pictures and even audio! Once you’ve got them created, go ahead and study them. Choose to re-study the ones you don’t know yet and pass on the ones you already have down pat!
You can sign into STUDYBLUE through your email or Facebook account. Add the school you go to by a quick GPS location finder. When you add your school, it quickly connects you to materials posted by your teachers and classmates! STUDYBLUE features useful tabs like the “backpack”, which can be used to store your flashcards and any public study material. You can add contacts in order to communicate with them through the app! There’s a tab for notifications that includes reminders, all your activity, inbox messages, archives, sent mail, new messages and even your contact list. Over 5,000 users rate STUDYBLUE a 4.5 out of 5 stars, which basically shows how the app is near to perfection! If you need a little help studying when you’re not sitting at home in front of the computer with instant internet access, try out STUDYBLUE! It lets you study anywhere at any time!
iTunes describes STUDYBLUE like so:
STUDYBLUE exists to make studying efficient and effective for every student, for free.
This app is made for serious studiers; flip online flashcards for fast feedback on what you know, then re-study concepts you’ve not yet mastered using Study Filters. Review class notes or make flashcards whenever you have a minute to spare. Study over breakfast or late at night – at the library or in a coffee shop. Do what works for you, whenever and wherever you are.
- MAKE FLASHCARDS. Use text, pictures, and audio to create flashcards right on your iPhone or iPad.
- STUDY STATS. Focus on toughest materials, go hard on “the wrongs”, and take pride in your progress.
- SEARCH. Find online flashcards and notes from millions of classmate-created materials.
- REMINDERS. Alerts put an end to forgetting about those 67 biology terms you have to study.
- STUDY SAVER. Had to bail on a study session? Pick it back up where you left off.
- MESSAGES. Contact classmates to ask questions or collaborate.
- A free StudyBlue.com account is required to use this app; create one after installation.
- With this app, you can create, study and track your progress with no limits. Some features, such as advanced filters and hiding cards, require a StudyBlue+ account.
- To connect with your classmates, visit www.StudyBlue.com and add Classes.
- Creating flashcards in the app requires an Internet connection.