Great news! SkyGrid is live! The SkyGrid App was Voted #1 by Consumers as the Best News App in the Apple App Store.
The latest App update includes:
- -Two new sections: Most Viewed, and Team Favorites.
- -Easier sharing: Copy Link (for Instapaper fans), and Share app feature
- -”New” badge alerts to tell you when a Stream is updated
- -Faster article loading times
- -Easier user interface
- -Badge notification settings to customize your alerts
I got the chance to check out Skygrid today. I loved it. It has a sleek User Interface and it is super easy to use. I loved it. This app truthfully changed the way I want to surf the web and made it even more enjoyable via my iPad to see the things I care about online.
SkyGrid – The News App for Info Junkies! A Featured App, Staff Favorite, Top 100, and one of the highest rated apps in the App Store.
Most Popular Features
* See What’s Hot Right Now. (Featured Streams show the fastest spreading events, people, and topics across the Web)
* Get Only The Categories You Want. (Sci & Tech, Travel, Business, Entertainment, and more…)
* Save Favorite Searches. (Save keywords you want to get updates on)
* Share with Facebook, Twitter, and email
* Get Live Streaming Updates
* Alerts & Notifications
* Instant Web Viewing
* SkyGrid “Featured Streams” show the fastest spreading events, people and topics, right as they’re happening
* SkyGrid streams information from all over the Web (mainstream news, social sites, blogs, etc)
* The patented technology behind SkyGrid uses a unique algorithm that determines Information Velocity, or the events, people, and topics spreading the fastest across the Web
* By determining what is spreading the fastest, SkyGrid connects you with only the most important events, people, and specific things you care about
* Sharing with Facebook, Twitter, and email makes it easy to share the way you want
Who enjoys SkyGrid
SkyGrid is for people who are interested in the seeing what events, people and topics are spreading the fastest across the Web. If you’re interested in the latest information on sports teams, entertainment, world events, or the long list of other things that are constantly changing, then SkyGrid is for you. SkyGrid is a new experience on the Web, a platform for browsing streams of relevant, personalized and prioritized information as it happens.
How SkyGrid Works
“How does it do that?” is one of the most common things we hear from people using SkyGrid. We think we hear this so often, because SkyGrid really is surprising people with how well it works. SkyGrid works in three simple steps.
- First SkyGrid goes around the Web and gathers up all the information that’s changing. This changing information is from top mainstream news sites, Twitter, Facebook, blogs, product review sites, and many others. This quickly adds up to a whole lot of information which is why it’s so important we filter it for you.
- SkyGrid filters the information to find the things we think you’ll find exciting to discover and share with others. Common examples are world events, sports updates, entertainment news, and other things that people like to share. SkyGrid has over 25 different filters to make the streams you view high quality. Some of the things people using SkyGrid are most excited about are our patent-pending SkyView algorithm that filters for reputation and velocity. These words probably sound a bit technical, and let us quickly describe each one. Reputation just means we always want to show things only from people you trust (think about the difference on Facebook from getting a friend request with a picture of someone you may know vs. the blank silhouette image). Velocity shows you the information that’s changing the fastest. It’s always exciting to know what others are also finding exciting.
- The final step is the simplest — SkyGrid streams to your web device. We always have Featured Streams, which let you know the things that are spreading the fastest on the Web. Or you can look at different categories like Sports, World Events, Entertainment, and many others. Or you can tell SkyGrid exactly what you want to stream browse, and immediately see streams of relevant, personalized and prioritized information as it happens.
Well if you’re still reading, thank you. We realize it’s a bit of detail, but always try to over-communicate and err on sharing more instead of less.