The Simpsons: Tapped Out
Electronic Arts, oh how you never disappoint. What haven’t you brought us: Scrabble, The Game of Life, Monopoly, Tetris, Clue, The Sims and many, many more! The Simpsons: Tapped Out was also developed by EA, and has recently reached the tippy top of the free app charts as the number one free app! It is rated four out of five stars by nearly 7,000 users. Sounds like a must-have-app, right? Well, that’s why I downloaded it. The fact that EA was the developer was a huge bonus. The animation is spot on! It’s complemented by original content from the writers of The Simpsons, so it definitely doesn’t lack in the humor department.
Your goal in The Simpsons: Tapped Out is to help Homer rebuild Springfield. He recently caused a meltdown that wiped out the whole city! The Simpsons: Tapped Out is another build-it-up game, so if you love these types of games and if you love The Simpsons, you’ll think this app was made just for you. Rather than playing a game, I felt like I was watching the cartoon half the time!
When you first start playing The Simpsons: Tapped Out, the game directs you to purchase a house and build it. Once I did that, a pop up came onto my screen of Lisa saying, “Thanks for finding me.” Another pop up said to find all the Simpson family members. It was cute; it showed each of them and said, “Collect them all”. Finding them happened by completing goals that were given to me. One by one, they all showed up. Once the whole family was back together, they worked as a team to rebuild Springfield. The characters chat with each other about the next goal they are about to give you. The chats pop up in writing for you to read. There is so much chatting done between the characters that sometimes it feels you’re reading a Simpsons’ comic. It’s a little annoying. It is funny, and if you like the Simpsons, you might get a laugh out of it, but I wanted to play the game, not read a long conversation every couple minutes. Also, the loading times take a little while, but those are my only two complaints. The Simpsons: Tapped Out is a fun build-it-up game with great animation and even a tad of humor, which is a great touch to any game!
iTunes lists The Simpsons: Tapped Out’s features as such:
- First, you can get it for free!
- Make Springfield just like you want it.
- Help Homer find Marge, Bart, and the rest of his family and friends! (Ned Flanders, too.)
- Complete tasks to earn… mmm, donuts!
- Make Apu work ridiculously long shifts at Kwik-E-Mart.
- Grow and harvest Tomacco on Cletus’s Farm.
- Party down with Duffman at Duff Brewery.
- See how your Indolence, Consumerism, Gluttony stack up on the Conform-o-meter.
- Enjoy exclusive, never-before-seen animated scenes sure to please fans of TV’s longest-running comedy.
- Visit your friends’ Springfields, play pranks, and collect cash.
- And did we mention… it’s free to play?