Scrabble Free by Electronic Arts is a virtual way to play Scrabble! It’s a “with friends” type of a game, so you’re always playing against an actual opponent. You can play against a Facebook friend, random opponent or may favorite the “Pass N’ Play” mode! The “Pass N’ Play” mode allows you to play with a friend that’s sitting right next to you, as if you were sitting at your kitchen table playing with the actual board game! You can even have up to 50 games going on at once, so you’re never bored waiting on your opponents move with nothing to do!
Scrabble Free’s dictionary setup is pretty cool. Right below the space you’re given to type in words, you’re shown your letter rack, making for easy access. Another cool feature is the “teacher” tab. You can’t use it until after you’ve played a word, so it doesn’t help you to cheat. It does, however, help you to learn. I use it after every move I play just to see if there was a word that could have gotten me more points. Sometimes it’s upsetting to see how I could have doubled my points, but I know I have learned a lot from it!
Scrabble Free’s ads come across your entire screen almost as often as after every move you make, which means it happens extremely often. You’re option to get rid of the ads, would be to download the paid Scrabble version for $1.99, which really isn’t bad for a good game of Scrabble. This game really reminds me of words with friends. It’s just not a ton different. If you’re a fan of the classic game of Scrabble, you have to try out Scrabble Free! You’ve got nothing to lose. It’s free, and you’ll always have someone to play with!
iTunes lists Scrabble Free’s features as such:
- See where your best scores rank on GAME CENTER leaderboards.
- Become a SCRABBLE master with the exclusive TEACHER FEATURE – see what your best word COULD have been after every turn.
- View every detail on the board with HD-quality graphics made to maximize the Retina display.
- Get into a game right from your Facebook mobile app.
- Talk a good game with enhanced chat and notification features.
iTunes lists Scrabble Free’s ways to play:
- Challenge friends via Facebook and more.
- Play against a random opponent with a single touch.
- Pass ‘N Play with up to 4 players.
- Go head-to-head against a friend on an iPhone or iPad.