Ringtones for iOS 6
ASPS Apps just released a new ringtone app called Ringtones for iOS 6 – Free & Unlimited! The app offers 600,000+ ringtones at no cost! You can browse, download, create and even customize any ringtone, text tone or alert tone!
Ringtones for iOS 6 separates the ringtones into multiple categories. You can search by popular, newest, featured, most common, top rated or most downloads. You can also search by category like classical, electronic, funny, festive, jazz, instrumental or even Bollywood! There are more categories than I could possibly list! Not only can you set your ringtone, but you can also set your email alert, alarm clock tone, tweet alert, and so on. After the fact that this app is free, my favorite feature it offers is how you can create and customize your own ringtone. Ringtones for iOS 6 can record any tone or sound using your microphone. That’s pretty awesome! I customized my sister-in-law’s ringtone, making it a recording of my two-year-old nephew – so fun! I also customized my tweet alert, making it Tweety Bird’s famous saying, “I tawt I taw a puddy tat!” Corny? Maybe. But, I enjoy it!
My only complaint about Ringtones for iOS 6 is that it definitely has a bug! It took me six tries before the app would open up! When I tapped its icon, my screen would turn black and then go back to my screen saver. It really struggled to open up. That was so annoying; I was about to just delete the app! I’m glad I didn’t, because when it finally opened, I loved it!
iTunes lists Ringtones for iOS 6’s features and notes as such:
- Full iPhone 5 support
- Around 600,000 ringtones in the directory
- Dozens of thematic categories: Funny Sounds, Top hits, Christmas Tones, Hip-Hop, Rock and many more!
- Browse featured, most popular or newest Ringtones
- Preview Ringtones before downloading
- Unlimited downloads
- Create unlimited ringtones using songs from your Music Library
- Create unlimited text tones and alert tones (iOS 5 only)
- Use the microphone to record ringtones, text tones and alert tones
- Organize & edit your saved ringtones, text tones and alert tones in “My Tones” library
- To install your ringtones, sms/mail/calendar/alarm and other tones and alerts you will have to follow our instructions and then sync your device with iTunes
- Sms/mail/calendar/alarm and other tones and alerts setup is available only for iOS 5.0 and 6.0
- iPhone 3G is not supported due to iOS restrictions