Racing Penguin, Flying Free
Racing Penguin, Flying Free by Top Free Games is a pretty cool little gaming app offering 40 levels in 5 different worlds. Moving onto a new world is probably my favorite part of the game! It really changes up the scenery! The worlds include Antarctica, Sahara, Brazil, Rainbow and Hawaii! I’m dying to get to Rainbow and Hawaii! I’m sure they’re just as beautiful as they sound! You’re goal is to race through each world sliding on the ice or flying through the air! You can eat fish on your way for extra energy. You’re not just racing for a good time; your trying to escape the polar bear who’s chasing you! At the bottom of your screen, you’re shown the distance you two are apart. That can be a lifesaver when you’re trying to decide if you want to stop to eat that fish or not!
Racing Penguin, Flying Free is free to download, but the in app purchases are only for the rich or rather – the wasteful. Who buys a simple kid’s app for 20 bucks? The “Kid’s Mode” of Racing Penguin, Flying Free is literally 20 dollars. Are they insane? The prices of the in app purchases really turned me off towards the game. The only thing I would consider buying is the “No Ads” for a buck, but because they are so greedy with the prices of the other items, I refused to even buy that!
iTunes lists Racing Penguin, Flying Free’s in app purchases as such:
- No Ads $0.99
- 3 Super Fishes $1.99
- Bonus Star $1.99
- Penguin Girl $4.99
- 15 Super Fishes $6.99
- Super Penguin $9.99
- Kids Mode $19.99
- 50 Super Fishes $19.99
- 30 Bonus Stars $24.99
- Magic Penguin $29.99
Racing Penguin, Flying Free’s controls are very easy to catch onto. Before you begin your game, the app lists them out. I read through them once, and had them down pat!
- Touch the screen and hold to start sliding.
- Release before the valley to flap your wings and fly!
- Touch again to fold wings and fall. Aim for the back of the mountain.
- Go as fast as you can. There’s a bear behind you!
Other than the prices for the in app purchases, I really don’t have any complaints. The game is fun. It becomes a tougher challenge as you move forward. I really love how different the worlds look! It’s a nice change to the scene. There are only 40 levels, so you can breeze through them fairly quickly, but since it’s free, why not try it out?
iTunes lists Racing Penguin, Flying Free’s features as such:
- Racing Penguin (or Flying Penguin) is a physics based slide and fly game!
- Slide down the mountains of Antarctica and flap your wings to fly.
- Go as fast as you can to escape from the polar bear.
- 5 addicting worlds, 40 racing levels.
- Clear levels to earn stars – the faster you go, the more stars you get.
- Use your stars to unlock new worlds!
- Get it while it is FREE!