PIXEL’D by Disney is an entertainment app used for creating 8-bit, pixel art! You can create your own images or use a Disney character pixel stamp to make your scene. Images come to life with the frame-by-frame animation system.
PIXEL’D is pretty easy to use. If you want to draw an image yourself, you’re given what looks like the screen of an Etch-A-Sketch as your canvas. Use your finger as a tool to draw. As I began to draw, I noticed, right away, that even the way you draw turns out to look just like an Etch-A-Sketch – other than the fact that an Etch-A-Sketch only draws in a grey color, and PIXEL’D gives you a huge color palette. It’s really cool. The tools you’re given for drawing are all on the left hand side of your screen. They include an eraser that lets you undo or redo moves you make. A pen and eraser that both let you choose just how thick or thin you want them to be. A color palette that has ten times more colors than the rainbow. There are also Disney character pixel stamps you can use in case you don’t want to just draw something from your imagination. The stamps include Cars, Mickey & Friends, Disney Princess, Vintage Mickey and Bolt stamping collections. PIXEL’D also offers backdrops in the following collections in case a big stamp is too much for you, but you still want to add a touch of Disney before you begin drawing on your canvas!
If you loved the old Etch-A-Sketch way of drawing, you will love this app even more! Imagine being able to add all kinds of colors to your Etch-A-Sketch! It’s a pretty cool app that I’m sure kids will love. I’m definitely not a kid and I even enjoyed it.
iTunes lists PIXEL’D’s features as such:
INTUITIVE DRAWING AND ANIMATION INTERFACE:
- 20 frames for creating animations
- 3 drawing layers on the canvas
- Shape tools that make drawing even easier with fully adjustable squares, circles, triangles and more
- Stamps and fill patterns feature a wide range of beloved Disney characters and themes, including Disney Princess, Bolt, Mickey and Friends, Cars and Vintage Mickey
- In-app purchase options let you buy expanded sets of stamps and fills
FEATURES FOR SHARING:
- Buddy Draw lets you connect with a friend via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, so you can draw together in real-time
- Easily share your artwork via Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube, email or the camera roll
- iCloud sync keeps your gallery up-to-date across all of your iOS devices