OpenTable by OpenTable, Inc is a food and drink app used to make instant and confirmed restaurant reservations. More than 20,000 restaurants are OpenTable-enabled in the United States and Canada, so the amount of restaurants this app can be used at is more than plenteous! The app comes with many features, especially at the cost (FREE), but you do get a few additional features when you sign up for the member registration, which is also free! My favorite perk is how you can earn dining reward points every time you use OpenTable! These reward points are redeemable for dining checks that can be used at all 20,000 OpenTable restaurants! Gotta love a good reward system! So far, I think I get the most rewards from my CVS card, but OpenTable might give that a run for its money!
OpenTable is simple to use. First off, you can use your current location to find a restaurant, or you can select a specific location by country, state and city. I’m going to be in Iowa next week, and am looking to make a reservation for that Tuesday night. So, I chose Iowa for the location I wanted to search. After choosing Iowa, OpenTable asked me to select a Region within the state, so I choose the city I will be in! It was super easy! I was completely shocked there were any options for this small city! I guess that’s just how big OpenTable is! There were a few different options, all being the best restaurants in the city! I thought it was cool that only the best restaurants were OpenTable-enabled, not making me have to weed through the junk. I wanted a reservation for 7:00PM, and each restaurant offered me three different time options like 6:45, 7:00 and 7:15! Along side of the results were not only the name of the restaurant, but also the city it was in, the type of restaurant it was and the price range – every detail I wanted to know! You can even see pictures of the restaurant, as well as read reviews from other users! OpenTable speaks for itself; it’s just flawless!
iTunes lists OpenTable’s features as such:
- SEARCH by restaurant name
- FIND restaurants nearest to your current location & see real-time table availability.
- MAP results with an interactive, location-based map.
- REFINE results by cuisine, price, reservation time, or points awarded.
- SEE restaurant menus & OpenTable diner ratings and reviews.
- REVIEW – Quickly see recently viewed restaurants
- RESERVE your table free!
iTunes lists OpenTable’s additional features that come with a free membership registration as such:
- Manage upcoming reservations & browse previous reservations.
- Retrieve and Manage your favorite restaurants
- Earn Dining Rewards Points redeemable for Dining Cheques good at any OpenTable restaurant.
- Invite dining companions via email.