Unless you’re planning to hire a moving company (an extremely large expense), moving is one of the largest and most stressful tasks out there! I just dread it! How many of you have moved before and ended up losing the smallest things – maybe your fingernail clippers or even your Tylenol? And, when I say, “losing” them, I mean not finding them permanently! Well, my husband and I got orders recently to go to Hawaii! Yah, go ahead and hate us. Jealously is a vile thing. Sometimes, the great sacrifice of serving your country comes with its rewards. Hawaii sure is a reward, a much deserved one at that! Well, Hawaii is pretty far from Minnesota, which is where we are now, and I am just procrastinating with the packing. We leave in two weeks, and there isn’t one item in our house that has yet been packed! When Google-ing “helpful moving tips”, I came across My Move by Advanced Interactive LLC. It’s an iPhone app that’s used as a complete move planner! I felt like I just hit the jackpot! I downloaded it immediately.
Since downloading My Move three days ago, I’ve packed at least a third of my house! The app offers a complete moving checklist, as well as great notes and tips! What I most love about My Move is the “add your move” tab. This is a way to completely customize your move. First off, you’ll enter both your origin and destination zip codes. Then you’ll enter your “moving size”, whether it be a partial home, studio apartment, office or even a four-bedroom home! Next you’ll check whether your move includes a garage, basement, attic, storage unit or shed. By entering all this info, you can get a calculated moving cost, which is nice to help prepare you for the expense of a move. Even when doing it all yourself, moving is still a big expense. My Move even has a tab where you can request a moving quote! If you know all about the stresses of moving, you’ll be happy to get a little relief, while staying somewhat organized with My Move!
iTunes lists My Move’s feature as such:
- Read moving company reviews, testimonials, complaints and consumer reports and detailed ratings on moving companies.
- Complete moving checklist for the steps to do before, during and after moving. We are working on inventory checklist in the next version (currently not available).
- Calculate your household goods moving weight.
- Request free moving quotes by professional moving companies.
- Calculate moving distance on route from your moving locations.
- Tons of helpful moving tips, guides and advices when choosing professional movers sorted by theme.
- Full featured moving planner app.
- Movers search helps you find reliable moving companies.
- Search for licensed movers by state and see their moving reviews profile.
- Find the best rated movers fast and easy.
- See the best moving companies, complete profiles and states of operation.
- Write and save moving notes within the application to keep your move organized.
- Rate your moving company after you move to your new place.
- One of the best iPhone apps that help you move.