I’ve downloaded an un-namable amount of photo editing apps. They are a dime a dozen. That’s not to say they don’t all have something unique to offer. The fact that I have about 15 of them saved in a folder on my iPhone would prove that’s not the case. Although photo editing apps are plenteous, video editing apps are not. In fact, Magisto – Magical Video Editor by SightEra Technologies will be the very first video editing app I’ve ever downloaded.
The best way I could describe Magisto would be to call it a transformer or a moviemaker! It’s that good! First, you’ll choose the video you want to edit. You don’t just have to choose one, either. Magisto can mix up a few of them! Then you can select a theme. Yes, Magisto even offers themes! The themes include Let’s Party, Valentine’s Day, Street Beats, So Cute, Sentimental, Clean and Happy Holidays. I used four videos of my two-year-old nephew, so I chose the “So Cute” theme. Magisto’s last step to making a full-fledged video is adding music! The So Cute theme offered songs like Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and It’s My Party by Lesley Gore. There were 14 song options or recommendations for the theme I chose, but there was also an option to choose a song from the music I had on my iPhone, allowing me to really customize my video!
Magisto’s whole setup is incredible. The app automatically selects the best parts of your video and places them together into a movie that ends up looking like a videographer made it! Did you know Magisto is free to download? With that being said, why wouldn’t you download it? It really is a magical video editor!
iTunes lists Magisto’s features as such:
- Fully automatic video editor available to you 24/7 on your iPhone or iPod
- AI technology that analyzes, trims and edits the best parts of your videos
- Easily share movies to Facebook timeline, Twitter, Email and YouTube
- Video camera stabilization, filters, effects and transitions
- Facial recognition detects friends and family in your videos
- Pick videos from your camera roll or record videos using Magisto‘s video camera
- Add music from your iPod/iPhone
- Add music from Magisto’s library of licensed songs
- Access your movies from any device