Guitar Suite by Panoramic Software Inc is a feature packed musical app that allows you to play a virtual guitar! Know how to play the guitar? What about a virtual one? Can you play that, too? You’ll pick up on it quick! Guitar Suite is jam packed with 25,000 chords, 50 scales and 19 tunings including!
Guitar Suite is much more realistic that you ever thought possible from an app on a cell phone! It’s simple to use, only having six screens: chords, scales, play mode, tuner, tune by ear and metronome. I use to play the guitar about seven years ago, and I was never amazing at it. I had a tough time when I first started using this app. With that being said, I would have to say that this isn’t an app for beginners. I guess the chord library having 25,000 chords would be the first clue to that, lol. I do think that if you know the basics and want to extend your learning, Guitar Suite can help, tremendously!
Guitar Suite lets you get detailed with different skins. There are 12 neck skins and 5 banjo skins. They range from natural wooden looks in pine and rosewood all the way to rebel, hotrod and fire symbols! You can change the fret indicators from numbers to roman numerals. You even can switch it from right-handed (its default) to left-handed. Guitar Suite isn’t only good for practice and reference but also to help educate!
iTunes lists Guitar Suite’s features as such:
- A powerful library of over 25,000 chords and 50 scales.
- 19 Guitar Tunings with support for Bass Guitar, Ukulele, 5 String Banjo and 4 string Lutes.
- Hear any displayed chord with ease.
- Accurate Metronome with variable Tempo and Meter.
- High precision Digital Tuner.
- Right and Left-handed layout option.
- Finger friendly “Tune by Ear” mode with support for all 19 tunings.
- Free play mode with multi touch allows you to play guitar.
- Comprehensive scale display on play mode that works with any tuning.
- 12 vibrant guitar neck skins with 5 banjo skins.
- Reatistic Strings vibrate on touch.
iTunes describes Guitar Suite like so:
Guitar Suite contains six essential screens: Chords, Scales, Play Mode, Tuner, Tune by Ear, and a Metronome, making it the must-have comprehensive aid for guitarists. Practice, reference or teach by accessing Guitar Suite’s library of over 25,000 popular chords. Visual feedback from the Metronome with variable tempo and meter, helps maintain a consistent tempo while practicing.