Google Search, of course by Google Inc, is a great way to quickly Google anything you want! Before I had this app, I use to use Safari off my iPhone, and just look up things that way. It was slow. The writing was so small; it was hard to see what I had typed! Google Search is crazy quick and very user friendly – not to mention the layout! It’s perfect! My favorite feature it offers is the voice recognition! Its accuracy is nearly perfect! Now, I am a huge fan of Siri, but she really could take some lessons from Google Search! When using the voice recognition, the app displays your voice analysis as quickly as you are speaking! It’s nothing short of impressive! If it does get a word wrong, which doesn’t happen often, I see it right away – allowing me to fix it before I go on!
To be honest, I would rather use Google Search on my iPhone than use Google on my computer. Of course the voice recognition has something to do with that, but it’s far from the only reason. I’m not sure I can even explain it. It has something to do with the layout, and the speed it works in! Google Search is a must have for all!
iTunes lists Google Search’s features as such:
- Faster: get to search results faster than by searching from a browser
- Beautiful full-screen image search
- Swipe away webpages to quickly return to search results
- Search within a webpage using the built in text finder
- Google Goggles: Snap a photo of what you see to find more information about products, landmarks or famous paintings, and even solve Sudoku puzzles
- Improved Voice Search
- Simply say what you want and get results without typing.
- Faster and significantly improved voice recognition with text streamed on the fly.
- Get answers spoken directly back to you with web results tailored to your questions.
- Want to see types of questions that work well? Visit http://google.com/support/mobile/?p=gsa_voice.