Flutter: Butterfly Sanctuary
I came across Flutter: Butterfly Sanctuary by Mobage Inc in the New and Noteworthy section of the app store. Come to find out, it was just released a few days ago! This artistic and vibrant app shows you real life butterfly species with incredibly unique wing patterns that you’ve never seen before! Flutter: Butterfly Sanctuary is a build up game that mixes scientific aspects of nature into a gaming world! Who knew learning about butterfly species could be so fun?
When playing Flutter: Butterfly Sanctuary, you’ll collect, fuse and feed tons of real life butterfly species! As if butterflies weren’t gorgeous enough already, the graphics and vivid colors will have your eyes pealed constantly! You’ll catch onto Flutter: Butterfly Sanctuary’s gameplay pretty quickly. You’ll begin playing by expanding your environment, which is done by clearing leaves in your way. You’ll use the incubator to attract eggs you can raise. The incubator can actually summon different species! The eggs take time to raise, before they hatch into caterpillars. When they do hatch and turn into caterpillars, they’ll need more space to grow, so you’ll end up clearing more leaves to expand your sanctuary again. Caterpillars grow by feeding them leaves. Once they’ve eaten enough, they transform into Chrysalises, which eventually hatch into butterflies! Over time, your butterflies will produce honeydew. The more pollen you collect, the higher the level your butterfly will earn! Collect pollen from your blue flowers. These are the basics to building your butterfly sanctuary. I’m a little burnt out on build up games, but I couldn’t pass on Flutter: Butterfly Sanctuary! A fun game that lets you build up a butterfly sanctuary while teaching you all about different butterfly species? It’s a must have! You don’t see too many games this fun that aid in learning scientific facts on species of unknown butterflies!
iTunes lists Flutter: Butterfly Sanctuary’s features as such:
- Collect, fuse and feed dozens of real-life butterfly species
- Stunning environmental visuals – expand your forest with new life and color by gathering and planting special flowers to attract a diverse set of species
- Attract butterflies from all around the world and add them to your ever-expanding “Flutterpedia.” Each species has a unique fact sheet on their characteristics and natural history
- Listen to the Rainforest in the palm of your hand – Put on your headphones to experience a real-life lush rainforest ambience and immerse yourself into a deeper experience
- Use gestures to interact with your creatures, drop leaves into caterpillars’ mouths, crack open chrysalises, and guide your butterflies around their growing environment
- Guide your butterflies through the forest and watch them flutter, fly, perch and play
- Unlock achievements with a robust goal system powered by GAME CENTER
- Earn Bonus Powers for completion Butterfly regions
- Store and manage your Collection of butterflies
- Fuse butterflies and use flower pollen to level up and find out more about each species
iTunes describes Flutter: Butterfly Sanctuary like so:
Care for your own rainforest and raise butterflies through their incredible life cycle. Use your touch to bring light and life into the environment and assemble spectacular butterfly collections! Each butterfly is a vibrant, artistically expressive depiction of a real life species with stunning wing patterns and unique behavioral characteristics. You can collect endless varieties of brilliantly colored flora and fauna to attract new butterfly species. From chrysalis to caterpillar to butterfly, you can foster these delicate creatures with pollen and help the rainforest thrive. In creating the game, the development team spent time in their local museum’s Tropical Forest to capture the authenticity of the butterflies and to ensure that the underlying science was correct. The resulting graphical style recreates the reality of rainforest habitat! Are you ready to spread your wings? Flutter is powered by Mobage, the best, free, social game network.