Emergency Lights by Clint is an entertainment app that simulates the flashing lights and sirens from a few different kinds of emergency vehicles. This is a pretty distinct little app, and most people, probably don’t find a purpose for it. Well, my four-year-old nephew is obsessed with policemen and police cars. Every time we pass a police car, he talks about wanting them to take him to jail. Clearly, he doesn’t know what he’s talking about, but that’s beside the point.
One day, I did a search on my iPhone for police lights. The results were plenteous. In the attempt to find a good one, I downloaded about four free ones and one paid. This is the paid one I downloaded, and what do you know – it’s the only one I liked, too! I guess sometimes, you do get what you pay for! My little nephew thinks Emergency Lights is just about the coolest “game” (as he calls it) on the planet! He uses it so much, that I ended up buying him a toy police kit that came with a set of handcuffs and fake “tickets” that he could rip off and hand to people. Now, he takes my phone around the house using the red and blue flashing lights and the police siren – giving out tickets and arresting people with his handcuffs! It’s way too cute! My $0.99 was well spent on Emergency Lights!
iTunes lists Emergency Lights’ features as such:
Flashing lights include:
- Red Lights: Entire screen flashes red
- Blue Lights: Entire screen flashes blue
- Red & Blue: Top of screen flashes blue, bottom flashes red
- Alternating: Entire screen flashes red and then flashes blue.
- Police: Sound of a police car siren which loops
- Fire Truck: Another siren sound which loops
- European: Sound of a European police car
- None: No sound
- Air Raid: Sound of an air raid siren which loops
- Horn: Sound of a buzzer horn which loops