Draw Something by OMGPOP has taken over the app world with its creative drawing challenges! When first beginning a game of Draw Something, you need to choose an opponent on Facebook, e-mail or by random. If you know a friend’s screen name, you can look them up that way, too. Once you have an opponent, you’re asked to draw one of the words on your screen. You’re given an option of words that include three different levels: easy, medium and hard. The level of difficulty you choose earns you a certain amount of coins. Here is an example of the kinds of things you would be asked to draw.
Using your finger as a tool to create your drawing, you can choose from four different sizes of a “marker”, so to speak. I chose the smallest, thinking it would be easiest to draw with since my fingers already seem too thick on the small screen. It was easier than I thought! The iPhone’s interface seemed to catch every curve of my finger! I was given four colors to work with: black, red, yellow and blue. I did notice that once I earn some coins, I could use them to purchase more colors. I like that – giving me another reason to try and beat my opponent. Once I finished my drawing, it was sent to my opponent who then has the chance to guess what my drawing is of! It’s fun because when guessing, you don’t just see a picture of the drawing. You watch a video of the drawing from start to finish! Then you get to guess from numerous letters at the bottom of the screen, kind of similar to hangman! It’s not real action packed, but more of a relaxing, enjoyable game.
Draw Something is the #1 paid app in the app store. The free version, Draw Something Free, is the #1 free app in the app store! If you don’t mind ads, the free version is the way to go, but personally, I can’t stand ads! Obviously, this app proves itself by its rank. Try it out. I’m sure you won’t be disappointed; it doesn’t look like anyone else is!
iTunes lists Draw Something’s features as such:
- Play with Friends on Android and iPhone/iPad: Challenge friends on Facebook or Twitter, or be automatically partnered with new gaming buddies.
- Turn-based Gameplay: Perfect for gamers-on-the-go! Take turns drawing and guessing at your own pace.
- Leaderboard: Rally back and forth with friends for the most “Turns.”
- Push Notifications: Be alerted when it’s your turn to draw or guess.
- Color Packs: Turn simple doodles into rich masterpieces with color packs.
- Bombs: Stumped by a difficult word? Exchange it for a new one by exploding it with a bomb