Curiosity – what’s inside the cube
Curiosity – what’s inside the cube by 22Cans is a new entertainment app that has you chip away at a huge cube to find out what’s inside. They claim there is something life changing hidden inside the cube, but only one person will find out if this is true. The first person to reach the center of the cube will be the one to tell us if it’s true. This cube has many layers. You and thousands of others will part take in chipping the cube away piece by piece. Curiosity – what’s inside the cube is somewhat of a social app, because you’re working with so many others to complete the same task! When I was opening the app, it said, “You are the 570,048th person to embark on this unique experiment exploring the power of curiosity.” That’s exactly what this app is – an experiment to find out how many people are curious to find out what inside this cube! This ginormous cube is made up of layers upon layers upon layers of many tiny cubes. You can make each cube explode by simply touching it. Feel free to draw on the cubes to leave your mark for the rest of the world to see, because they will see it!
Many times, when I tried to open up Curiosity – what’s inside the cube, it would stay on the screen that said “joining” for an extremely long time, eventually going to another screen that said “Error accessing server. Retry.” Obviously, an app with bugs that don’t even allow you to open it – completely sucks. I’ve read other reviews stating that it happened to them once or twice, but eventually let them in. That’s not how it worked for me! I tried a few times each day for three days in a row, and it did not let me in even once during that time! On the fourth day of trying, I was able to get in, but by that time I wasn’t even that interested. Any app that took me four days to get into was going to disappoint me. With that being said, I want to add that the idea behind this app is truly a remarkable one. It’s the very first of its kind. It’s nothing short of memorizing, but releasing an app that barely works – is ridiculous. Hopefully they can fix it. Until then, don’t waste your time.
iTunes list Curiosity – what’s inside the cube’s features as such:
- Join thousands of people in being part of a one-of-a-kind social experiment.
- Earn coins for chipping away at the cube and spend them on new destructive and playful tools to get to the centre of the cube faster. The more you chip away, the more powerful you become.
- Enjoy the addictive nature of chipping away at the cube.
- Make beautiful music just by interacting with the cube.
- Experiment with creating text and pictures just by chipping shapes into the surface of the cube.
- Watch the cube evolve as the world’s impact on the cube’s surface changes over time.
- Each layer of the cube holds something unique for the world to reveal.
- How many cracks in the cube can you make in fast succession? Earn coins the longer you can last and compare your score with your friends.
- Invite your friends to indulge their curiosity, compare your progress together, and find each other on the cube.
- Relax to the very therapeutic activity and soundscape.
- Experiment with various techniques. Everyone interacts with the cube in their own way!
- Keep revisiting the cube over time to find new surprises.
- This is the first of 22 experiments from the legendary designer Peter Molyneux.