Where Is My Car Parked
Ah, the holidays. You’re frazzled anyway, and can barely remember to keep your attached to the rest of your body, let alone remember where you’ve parked your car after going grocery or gift shopping. Street parking in the city? Forget it! Where you park your car sometimes has to change every other day (darned street cleaning). You think you’re going to remember where you parked, but then you get there and oh wait! That’s where you parked on Tuesday, but now it’s Thursday. Where My Car is Parked is one of the few apps that I think you just might use almost as much as you play Angry Birds (o.k. maybe not quite as much) and will be just as helpful to you as your banking mobile app. Unlike a ‘mental’ or physical note, this app smartly enables you to use the GPS on your phone in order to start your location properly (and make sure that you aren’t leaving yourself directions to get back to your car if it was in Canada or something!
What I like about this app is actually that you can just ‘track’ your location-it’s not overly complicated. Saving a location is easy and you can save more than one (what if you had a secondary spot?). You can easily get back to these spots and remember where you parked by going to ‘recall location’.
Although this is practical and great, what is even better is that you can also ‘map’ out the location of your car to where you have gone; helping you out even more! All in all, pretty cool. So, here are the pros (what I liked) and the cons (tweaks/things that could use improvement)
- The GPS locator-It just makes sense. Most people are used to the google maps function anyway, so this is a very intuitive way to integrate that interface with something that people actually NEED to find (their cars).
- You can save more than one location
- The mapping function-helpful to know how to get back to your car (especially in unfamiliar areas)
- Does this app still work if you have poor signal (for locations that you have saved)? I’m sure the developer will chime in on this, but I wasn’t sure.
- Can you only save three locations? It would be great to save more than just three.