Bible by LifeChurch.tv is an app that lets you reference 450 versions in 244 languages! It’s absolutely incredible how content rich this app really is, not to mention it’s completely free without any in-app purchases! Not only can you read and study the Bible, you can also customize it using a variety of highlighters that come in all kinds of colors! Exactly like you would be able to do in a Bible that’s sitting on your lap!
Bible is pretty very easy to migrate through. You can touch the header bar to view a list of books and chapters of the Bible. You can choose a version from the icon on the top right hand corner of the screen. The icon on the left hand corner of the screen takes you to your tabs that include the Bible, plans, videos, bookmarks, notes and even a calendar. Bible has a simple layout, making it enjoyable to use! I know I mentioned how Bible is very content rich, but it’s also feature rich allowing you to access hundreds of reading plans and devotionals! You can also share verses on social networks, email or text. Bookmarking is as simple as it is when using a real book! Rated a 4.5 out of 5 stars by over 500,000 users, Bible speaks for itself. I actually came across Bible while scrolling through the top free app charts, number 35 to be exact. It was a shocker to me that it’s on there at all! I guess America’s not in as bad of a Godly state as I thought! That gives me hope!
iTunes describes Bible like so:
On more than 60 million devices all over the world, people are reading, listening to, and sharing the Bible using the #1 rated Bible App—completely free. Hundreds of Bible versions, hundreds of reading plans, dozens of languages. Add your own highlights, bookmarks, and public or private notes. Customize your experience for easy reading. Access everything when you’re connected, or download specific versions for offline use.
READ THE BIBLE
- Set your Bible App’s interface for your choice of more than 30 languages.
- Easily select from hundreds of Bible versions, in nearly 150 languages.
- Choose from popular versions like the NIV, NASB, ESV, NKJV, NLT, KJV, The Message, and more.
- Offline Bibles: Read even without network access.
- Listen to audio Bibles as you do other tasks. (Audio Bibles not downloadable.)
STUDY THE BIBLE
- Hundreds of reading plans: Devotionals, topical plans, portions of the Bible, or the whole thing.
- Many reading plans are even available in multiple languages.
- You’ll find devotionals, as well as plans that lead you through specific topics, portions of the Bible, or even the entire Bible.
- Search the Bible using keywords.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR BIBLE
- Highlight with custom colors—just like a paper Bible.
- Share verses with friends using social networks, email, or SMS (text).
- Bookmark passages: Share, memorize, or just keep track of your favorites.
- Add notes to passages: Keep them private so only you can see them, or make them public to share with friends.
- With a free YouVersion account, see all of your notes, highlights, bookmarks, and reading plans on any supported device.
- Read easier with settings like fonts, text size, and contrast for bright or low-light conditions.
CONNECT WITH YOUVERSION
- Contact support from directly inside the Bible App.
- Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/youversion
- Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/youversion
Catch up on the latest on our blog: http://blog.youversion.com
- Use YouVersion online: http://bible.com
Download the world’s #1 Bible App now and enjoy the Bible reading experience loved by millions!
A note about the Bible App on iPhone 5: while the newest release of the Bible App will work just fine on your device, you’ll probably notice that it doesn’t fill your new, larger screen. Unfortunately, if we update the Bible App to add support for the iPhone 5’s taller screen, we would no longer be able to provide support for many iPhones, iPads, and iPod touches with older operating systems. That would mean that the thousands of people who are installing the Bible App on these older devices each month wouldn’t be able to get it at all. It also means that many thousands of others wouldn’t be able to upgrade the Bible App they already have installed.