Atkins Carb Tracker
I’m a go-to Atkins girl. It happens faithfully every year around the end of February. By then, I’ve usually put on about 15 pounds and am in some very desperate need for a diet. The Atkins diet has always been good to me. It works every time, and it works quickly. By January, I’m pretty whale like, from Christmas and Thanksgiving, as well as not dieting since the spring prior! I always plan to start dieting around that time, but with the cold weather and lack of sun and vitamin D, planning is all I get around to – not actually dieting. By the time February comes, I’m actually depressed about my weight. Once Valentine’s Day passes and I’ve eaten chocolate for a week straight, I’m usually ready to commit! It’s a vicious yearly cycle, but Atkins always, always come through for me!
Atkins Carb Tracker by Atkins Nutritionals Inc is the real deal when it comes to aiding you with the diet! If you’re at all familiar with the content packed website, you’ll be pleased to see just what the app offers! It’s broken down into tabs near the very bottom of your screen: food, progress, daily plan, phases and more. I seem to use the “phases” tab the most. Atkins Carb Tracker first has you choose which phase you’re in. Then you’ll choose the type of food you want to eat, whether it’s vegetables, meat, beverages or something else. Let’s say you chose vegetables. You’d then be given a drop down menu of every veggie you can possibly think of and then some! If you were to choose one, let’s say it was iceberg lettuce. You would then be shown the net carbs, calories, fat, fiber and protein in that veggie. You could add this veggie to your favorites and track your intake of it. The “phases” section lets me know just what foods are allowed in the phase I’m in at the time. It helps me be precise with counting, so I don’t go over my allowed amount of net carbs!
Atkins Carb Tracker also offers nutritional info for groceries, restaurant meals, recipes and products! You can import the Atkins meal plan or just create your own daily menu to track your net carb intake. Keep track of your net carbs and your weight over time to see your progress! You gotta love seeing that! Atkins Carb Tracker is a must have app for any Atkins dieter! It’s better than having your own dietary coach!
iTunes lists Atkins Carb Tracker’s features as such:
- SEARCH NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION on grocery items, restaurant meals, and Atkins friendly recipes and products. Search by keyword for any of these items or simply scan in the UPC code.
- A BARCODE SCANNER to track food items you’re consuming, or to look up nutrition information at the grocery store.
- DAILY MEAL PLANS that allow you to follow an optional recommended daily meal plan, or to create your own custom low-carb meal plan for each day, based on your Atkins Phase.
- PROGRESS TRACKER to track net carbs consumed daily, your weight loss to date and the proximity to your goal weight. You can also analyze your results and dig into your daily intake with consumption pie charts and weekly or monthly trend graphs.
- PHASE OVERVIEW AND ACCEPTABLE FOOD LISTS will help you discover all the delicious foods acceptable in each Phase.
- A DINING OUT GUIDE to find meals at local restaurants that will fit in your daily carb range. You can also search for restaurants based on meal type, name and location.
- OVER 1,600 RECIPES, making it easy to find and fix low-carb meals.
iTunes describes Atkins Carb Tracker like so:
Introducing the NEW Atkins Carb Tracker:
Losing weight and counting carbs on the go just got easier!
Every dieter wants to kick-start a weight loss program, reach a goal, and never have to diet again. Atkins has just made it easier with their new, FREE mobile app that is fully integrated with all the online tools available on Atkins.com!
About Atkins Nutritionals, Inc.
Atkins Nutritionals, Inc. is a leader in the $2.4 billion weight control nutrition category, and offers a powerful lifetime approach to weight loss and management. The Atkins Diet focuses on a healthy diet with reduced levels of refined carbohydrates and added sugars and encourages the consumption of protein, fiber, fruits, vegetables and good fats. Backed by research and consumer success stories, this approach allows the body to burn more fat and work more efficiently while helping individuals feel less hungry, more satisfied and more energetic.