Adobe Releases Lightroom Mobile for iPad
In May last year we told you Adobe was working on bringing Lightroom to the iPad, and now finally almost a year later Adobe has unveiled their new Lightroom Mobile for iPad software for photographers and photo editors.
The new iPad application comes with many of the loved features from the desktop software and is optimized for the iPad touchscreen. There is a reason why
In order for you to be able to use the iPad app you must have the latest version of Lightroom 5 for Mac or PC, secondly you must have an active subscription to Adobe’s Creative Cloud service. After you pair your Adobe ID with your iPad, then your photos are automatically synced between your tablet and desktop.
Of course you can also use the iPad’s built-in Camera Roll to transfer images into Lightroom Mobile for editing. This also means you can use the Apple Camera Connection Kit to transfer your images into the application.
Adobe describes Lightroom Mobile for iPad as the following:
- Seamless sync with Lightroom 5. Edit and organize your images anywhere, anytime using your iPad or iPhone. Adobe Lightroom mobile automatically syncs your work with Lightroom 5 on your desktop.
- From snapshots to raw. Edit everything from smartphone photos to raw images from DSLRs using Smart Previews. Adobe Lightroom mobile can handle virtually any image format.
- Camera roll compatible. Import images from your iPhone or iPad camera roll straight into your Lightroom catalog. Enhance them using familiar and powerful Lightroom tools. Share them online quickly and easily.
- Share edited images to your social networks. Share directly from Lightroom on your mobile device.
- Showcase your images. Present photos with built-in slideshow.
- View your images online at Lightroom.Adobe.com
Lightroom Mobile can be downloaded from the App Store now free of charge.